BS EN ISO 9001: 2008
Sandwell achieved the BS EN ISO 9001: 2008 certification in 2011. This is a quality management framework where an organisation needs to:
- Demonstrate its ability to consistently deliver the specified product or service that meets customer demands, as well as applicable regulatory requirements
- Have the aim to enhance customer satisfaction by implementing the system effectively. This includes continual improvement of both the system and processes, as well as on going conformity to applicable legislation.
This certification enables Sandwell to provide clients with the highest level of quality for shot peening and surface engineering services as well as deliver a well-defined quality management system that complies with the most stringent international standards.
Click here to view Accreditation: BS EN ISO 9001:2008
AS9100C & BS EN ISO 9001:2008
As of January 2016 Sandwell’s quality management system has been certified to the AS9100C & BS EN ISO 9001:2008 standard though it’s auditor NQA.
A quality management standard for the aviation, space, and defense industries, AS9100C was obtained in response to customer requests and to aid On Time Delivery and direct the company towards continuous improvement.
The system expands on the existing programme by:
- Having a greater emphasis on Risk Management
- Introducing “Special Requirements”
- Introducing “Critical Items”
- Incorporating requirement conformance measures
- Incorporating delivery performance measures
- Adopting Proven Product Development Processes
- Eliminating “recurring corrective actions”
This system enables Sandwell to better support its current customers in the motorsport, automotive, aviation, and defence industries and to pursue new opportunities with companies who require Shot Peening and Surface Engineering services at the elevated levels of quality and performance that the standard requires.
Click here to view Accreditation: AS9100C & BS EN ISO 9001:2008
All Sandwell quality systems are UKAS certified and approved.
EDF Nuclear Qualified Supplier
In 2016, Sandwell gained EDF Nuclear Qualified Supplier status. As part of the rigorous process, Sandwell had to pass stringent assessments in the following areas:
- Quality Management
- Production and execution of detailed quality plans (including testing and inspection plans)
- Inspection, testing and calibration regimes for all process.
- Qualifications and certification of skilled people
- Non-conformance/deviation/concession processes with full traceability
- Processing, packaging, FME/FOD (Foreign Material Exclusion) controls and storage
Approved Client Suppliers
Sandwell have been audited and added to the approved supplier list of various motorsport and high performance engineering companies, including the majority of the teams making up the Formula One grid.